Ciara Rodgers is visual artist living and working in Cork, Ireland and currently holds a four year studio membership at Backwater Artists Group. She previously studied a BA (hons) Fine Art and has an MA in Art and Process (MA:AP) from MTU Crawford College of Art and Design, Cork. An early career artist, examples of her work are held in private, corporate and college collections in Ireland, Europe and Australia.
Notable recent exhibitions include group: ATLAS DEL ARTE ESPAÑOL, O Vello Cárcere de Lugo, España, June- October 2021(group) and Monuments II (memory traces), Garter Lane Arts Centre, Waterford. August- October 2020. (solo)
AWARDS AND RESIDENCIES
- Agility Award 2021, The Arts Council, Ireland
- Visual Arts Bursary Award 2020, The Arts Council, Ireland
- Royal Hibernian Academy, RHA micro-grant, 2020
- Shortlisted for selection for The Derwent Art Prize 2020
- CIT Arts Office Purchase Prize, Memories of a Nervous System, MA:AP Degree show, December 2018.
- Eli Lilly Degree Show Purchase Prize, Art Committee, Eli Lilly, Kinsale, Cork, June 2017
- E.U. Erasmus Programme, University of the Arts, Poznan, Poland, 2016
- Upcoming: Notions of the Manmade: a city of beautiful nonsense, Studio 12, Wandesford Quay, Cork, 14th October- 26th November 2022
- Monuments II (memory traces), Garter Lane Arts Centre, Waterford. August- October 2020.
- Monuments of Abandoned Futures, LHQ Gallery, Carrigrohane Road, Co. Cork 19/9/19 – 10/10/19
- “I half remember that…”, MSA gallery space, Macroom School of Art, Co. Cork, 15-9-21 – 17-9-2021, Brían Crotty and Ciara Rodgers
- ATLAS DEL ARTE ESPAÑOL, O Vello Cárcere de Lugo, España June- October 2021
- Blue House Gallery Artists Summer Group Show, Schull, Co. Cork 4-23 June 2021
- Revision Performing Arts Festival Online Exhibition, Filmed Drawing Performance, March 2020
- JUNCTURES: memory and the built environment, a drawing project, Area Services Centre, Station Road, Castleisland, Co. Kerry, 23.1.20 – 13.2.20
- Lavit Gallery Members Exhibition, Wandesford Quay, Cork, 20/2/2020- 7/3/2020
- ArtSevilla 2019|Bauhaus: 100 years since the total revolution of a language, Casa de la Provincia, Sevilla, Andalusia, Spain 28/11/19 – 12/1/2020
- Alternative Views, Blue House Gallery, Schull, May 2019
- Members Exhibition, The Lavit Gallery, Wandesford Quay, Cork February 2019
- Memories of a Nervous System, CIT Crawford College of Art and Design master’s degree Show, No. 46 Grand Parade, Cork, December 2018
- The Present, Past, Wandesford Quay Gallery, Cork, October 2017
- 6Marks: CCAD Graduate Artists, Wandesford Quay Gallery, Cork.
- Beyond Dialogue, CIT Crawford College of Art and Design Degree Show, Sharman Crawford Street, Cork, June 2017
- Murmuration, Group exhibition, The Village Hall, Cork, May 2016
- UAP Students Printmaking Exhibition, University of The Arts, Poznan, Poland, May 2016
- Viewpoints, St Johns Central College, Cork, May 2013
- Peer Panelist, Arts Council of Ireland 2021-2026
- Visiting Lecturer, Fine Art, TU Dublin, School of Creative Arts, Autumn semester 2021
- Curator, Education and Public Programs, Macroom School of Art, 2021
- Artist in Residence in a Care Setting, Age and Opportunity Ireland, October – December 2019.
- MA:AP Artist in Residence, MTU, Crawford College of Art and Design, January- December 2019
- Curatorship: Cork Centre for Architectural Education: Artists in Residence and MArch Endless [C]ity/Peripheral [C]ity Athens. Nano Nagle Centre, Cork City, May 2018 M.A.: Art & Process, MTU Crawford College of Art and Design, Cork, 2018.
- M.A.: Art & Process, MTU Crawford College of Art and Design, Cork, 2018.
- B.A. (Hons) Fine Art, MTU Crawford College of Art and Design, 2017.
- BA in Montessori Studies, St Nicholas Montessori College, Dublin, 2005
Memberships: Backwater Artists Cork//(VAI) Visual Artists Ireland. //The Lavit Gallery, Cork. // 6marks Drawing Collective, Cork// The National Sculpture Factory Ireland