Ciara Rodgers is visual artist living and working in Cork, Ireland. She previously studied a BA (hons) Fine Art and has an MA in Art and Process (MA:AP) from Crawford College of Art and Design, Cork. An early career artist, examples of her work are held in private, corporate and college collections in Ireland, Europe and Australia.
Notable recent exhibitions include ArtSevilla 2019|Bauhaus: 100 years since the total revolution of a language, group exhibition, Casa de la Provincia, Sevilla, Andalusia, Spain 28/11/19 – 12/1/2020 and Monuments of Abandoned Futures, solo exhibition, LHQ Gallery, Carrigrohane Road, Co. Cork 19/9/19 – 10/10/19.
AWARDS AND RESIDENCIES
- Visual Arts Bursary Award 2020, The Arts Council, Ireland
- Royal Hibernian Academy, RHA micro-grant, 2020
- Shortlisted for selection for The Derwent Art Prize 2020
- Artist in Residence in a Care Setting, Age and Opportunity Ireland, October – December 2019.
- MA:AP Artist in Residence, CIT, Crawford College of Art and Design, January- December 2019
- CIT Arts Office Purchase Prize, Memories of a Nervous System, MA:AP Degree show, December 2018.
- Curatorship:Cork Centre for Architectural Education: Artists in Residence and MArch Endless [C]ity/Peripheral [C]ity Athens. Nano Nagle Centre, Cork City, May 2018
- Eli Lilly Degree Show Purchase Prize, Art Committee, Eli Lilly, Kinsale, Cork, June 2017
- E.U. Erasmus Programme, University of the Arts, Poznan, Poland, 2016
Monuments II (memory traces), Solo Exhibition, Garter Lane Arts Centre, Waterford. August- October 2020.
Monuments of Abandoned Futures, solo exhibition, LHQ Gallery, Carrigrohane Road, Co. Cork 19/9/19 – 10/10/19
- Revision Performing Arts Festival Online Exhibition, Filmed Drawing Performance, March 2020
- JUNCTURES: memory and the built environment, a drawing project, Area Services Centre, Station Road, Castleisland, Co. Kerry, 23.1.20 – 13.2.20
- Lavit Gallery Members Exhibition, Wandesford Quay, Cork, 20/2/2020- 7/3/2020
- ArtSevilla 2019|Bauhaus: 100 years since the total revolution of a language, Casa de la Provincia, Sevilla, Andalusia, Spain 28/11/19 – 12/1/2020
- Alternative Views, Blue House Gallery, Schull, May 2019
- Members Exhibition, The Lavit Gallery, Wandesford Quay, Cork February 2019
- Memories of a Nervous System, CIT Crawford College of Art and Design master’s degree Show, No. 46 Grand Parade, Cork, December 2018
- The Present, Past, Wandesford Quay Gallery, Cork, October 2017
- 6Marks: CCAD Graduate Artists, Wandesford Quay Gallery, Cork.
- Beyond Dialogue, CIT Crawford College of Art and Design Degree Show, Sharman Crawford Street, Cork, June 2017
- Murmuration, Group exhibition, The Village Hall, Cork, May 2016
- UAP Students Printmaking Exhibition, University of The Arts, Poznan, Poland, May 2016
- Viewpoints, St Johns Central College, Cork, May 2013
- M.A.: Art & Process, CIT Crawford College of Art and Design, Cork, 2018.
- B.A. (Hons) Fine Art, CIT Crawford College of Art and Design, 2017.
- BA in Montessori Studies,, St Nicholas Montessori College, Dublin, 2005
Memberships: Backwater Artists Cork//(VAI) Visual Artists Ireland. //The Lavit Gallery, Cork. // 6marks Drawing Collective, Cork// The National Sculpture Factory Ireland
Recent support from